CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Hudson Valley's Best Kept Secret

Hmmmm, once it's written about in the newspaper can you still call it a "best kept secret"? :)



Babygirl and I met some friends by the river this morning.     The locals call it a beach, having grown up 20 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, beach to me means sand, waves and that ocean smell. I miss that ocean smell!  Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely time.  It's a beautiful spot! I just have a hard time calling it a beach. 

Babygirl and I started out down by the river.  Unfortunately I could not let her out of her stroller because there was so much garbage along the water's edge.  We saw empty soda bottles, a few shirts, a pair of shoes, wrappers galore, a life vest...  Really people???....I would think that they go there because it's a beautiful spot.  How much longer do they think that's going to last if they keep using it as a garbage can???





Once my friend arrived we took the girls on one of the nature trails.  We were rewarded with this view:


And then this at the end of the trail: 


Babygirl's favorite part of the trip:
Collecting rocks near the parking lot.  And singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with her new friend "I".  Sorry about the picture I have no idea what's going on with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment