CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Year of Projects Week 4

It's hard to believe we're already going into Week 4.  So far it's been good for me.  I've completed more since July 1, than I did in the last three months.

Today is the last day for Tour de Fleece.  I'm very happy with what I was able to do during this time.  This week I plied two yarns and filled two bobbins with singles.  I've got a bobbin on the wheel still, but it's unlikely I will get to finish it today.  I need to recalculate the yardage of the two new yarns as I misplaced the paper that has that info.






Crochet seems to have been my craft of choice last week.  I added a little bit to my Campfire Cardigan and started a new project.  It's the Lion Brand Crochet Openwork Shawl.  My husband and I have a dinner in a few weeks and I need something for the air conditioning.  This jumped out at me when I was shopping at Michaels.  It's the first time I'm using Lion Brand's Shawl in a Ball and I'm really enjoying it. I think the colors will be great against my black dress.



Well, I'm off to check out what everyone else has been up to this past week.  Enjoy your week!


 

12 comments:

  1. Look at all that fiber that was spun. Now to knit/crochet it all up! That shawl pattern is lovely. You are right, the color will be super against a lack dress. I have not seen the shawl in a ball yarn yet. Might need to take a litte trip to Michaels in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never knit/crocheted any of my handspun so it should be interesting. Right now I still need to wash it and recount the yardage to make sure it's correct.

      Delete
  2. Love all the fibre you've spun up. It's gorgeous. Spinning fascinates me no end and is top of the list of things to learn, I just need a few more hours in the day. I can just see all those wonderful jewel toned colours in your shawl working wonderfully with your black dress. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm new to spinning, it is quite fascinating. I'm still figuring it out, but get more consistent with every batch of fiber. I hear you on the number of hours in a day. It seems like there's never enough for the fun stuff!

      Delete
  3. Your shawl will be fun to the eyes as it's like a shimmering rainbow. How fun you participated in the Tour de Fleece. I really like that aqua you spun up. How's the little one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little one is great! (Although not so little anymore, she's 6, lol.). She keeps me busy. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  4. Spinning and all it entails is like a whole other world to me and it looks so complicated but someday! Good for you and I'm glad someone is accomplishing something! LOL! We both went with Lion Brand this week. I'll have to look for the shawl in a ball...love the colors and so true about the AC! It will look lovely with your black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree as well, that scarf will be gorgeous against a black dress. Really love the spun yarn, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spun and plied yarn is lovely. And your shawl will be gorgeous. I love the colors in the yarn you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your shawl is going to look amazing with a black dress. I've heard of Shawl in a Ball but I don't think we can get it here in Australia. I noticed they recommend a 6.00mm hook - is the yarn similar to the cake (Caron Cakes) type yarn? I hope you post a picture of you wearing your shawl. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. You spinning is wonderful - and I think you are right that the colours of your shawl will be wonderful with your black dress. As Dorothy said, I hope we get to see pictures when you are all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished shawl! I just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete