CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Garden Fun

Playing catch up as I missed a few days due to life....

In addition to my backyard garden, this summer I've joined the community garden.  This weekend we went up there and planted peas and onions.  I've already planted peas, carrots, beets, radish and spinach in the backyard garden.  I'm hoping for some nice weather in the coming days so Babygirl and I can get up to the garden and do some more weeding.  The plot is 20x20, so I've been weeding as I go along.  For my  backyard garden I use the Square Foot Gardening Method.  At the community garden I am doing a modified version of this.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up for good so we can get all our crops in.  We're planning on lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, corn, potatoes, basil, parsley, cilantro, broccoli, squash (2 types), watermelon and honeydew.  Hopefully it will be a good farming year and we will have lots of yummy eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment