First up is a muffin I came up with by combing three different banana muffin recipes. I've been experimenting with the recipe all week. Batch 1 was a little dry and flat so I've added a container of yogurt at the suggestion of a friend. Thanks K! Also added was some cinnamon to spice it up a bit. So far, the recipe has been approved by a five year old, two and a half year old and one year old. Let me know what you think if you try it!
Babygirl's Banana Blueberry Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 container yogurt (about 6 ounces)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup oatmeal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl mix together flours, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar. In another bowl mash bananas with a fork, then stir in milk and vanilla.
4. Using a mixer on low: add flour mixture to eggs and sugar mixture. Add yogurt. Then add banana mixture. Mix until combined.
5. Using a spatula fold in blueberries and oatmeal.
6. Put batter into muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.