CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2012

Gardening: Community Garden

This weekend was garden weekend.  Saturday morning my husband and I packed up the gardening tools, plants, and a whole lotta toys to keep Babygirl occupied.  The goal was to get the whole plot (20x20) weeded and hopefully start planting.  Thanks to a friend with a rototiller the weeding part was no problem.  As we were hauling the weeds to the compost pile, Little Miss Monster arrived :) That was it, she'd had enough.  (She really did great, we were there about an hour and a half between all the set up and work).  Planting would have to wait. 

Sunday afternoon I returned to the garden (by myself) and planted 21 tomato plants, 4 basil plants, 2 broccoli plants, 4 kale plants, 4 red peppers and 2 eggplants. If the weather holds, I'll be returning to the garden today to put down newspaper and straw around the plants.  Hopefully that will help slow the weeds.  Later in the week I hope to finish the planting.




The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment