CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 29, 2012

Healthy Eats: Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

Babygirl has not yet learned the virtue of patience which means Mommy needs to have Babygirl's foods prepared immediately.  I've been toying with the idea of the Once A Month cooking plan but am overwhelmed with how to start. I'm just not that organized.  So I figured I'd collect some good healthy recipes that can be frozen and take it at my own pace.

First up is a muffin I came up with by combing three different banana muffin recipes.  I've been experimenting with the recipe all week.  Batch 1 was a little dry and flat so I've added a container of yogurt at the suggestion of a friend.  Thanks K!  Also added was some cinnamon to spice it up a bit.  So far, the recipe has been approved by a five year old, two and a half year old and one year old.  Let me know what you think if you try it!






Babygirl's Banana Blueberry Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 bananas
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 container yogurt (about 6 ounces)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup oatmeal

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a bowl mix together flours, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar. In another bowl mash bananas with a fork, then stir in milk and vanilla.
4. Using a mixer on low: add flour mixture to eggs and sugar mixture.  Add yogurt.  Then add banana mixture. Mix until combined.  
5. Using a spatula fold in blueberries and oatmeal.
6. Put batter into muffin cups.  Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment