CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 2, 2012

Book Review: MoonRivet Saves His Skin

I was recently given the opportunity to review the children's book  Moon Rivet Saves His Skin by Harris Tobias.  It is illustrated by Emma Latham.



What a cute story!  The book is about MoonRivet, a frog made of recycled items who lives on the moon.  MoonRivet lives in Dusty Lake with other creatures made  of recycled items.  The creatures of Dusty Lake must beware of the birds on the Moon.  At the end of the day, it is MoonRivet's quick thinking that saves him.

I love that there are science facts and concepts throughout the story.  MoonRivet and his story allow children to use their imaginations and explore the genres of fantasy and science combined.   The illustrations are wonderful, using mixed media to combine real life objects and drawings.  I look forward to reading more about MoonRivet and his adventures!  I have already ordered a print version of this book to add to Babygirl's collection for when she is just a bit older.  At 15 months it's a bit above her level but she was drawn in by the pictures while I was reading it to a friend.  I can't wait to share this book with my goddaughter and nephew.  They are the perfect age for this one!

In addition to being available in print, MoonRivet is also available in Kindle and Nook format. While the age range given is four to seven I can see older children enjoying this as an independent read. 

This post has been shared: 
The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom


***********************************************************************************
I received an electronic version of this book to review.  All opinions expressed are mine.
***********************************************************************************

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! I am returning the visit! This sounds like a cool book, especially the illustrations! I re posted the pic of my daughter and revised the post you looked at if you want to check it out again. I am following you and hope you will follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I really want to read this - I think my kids would love it! I think I will download it on Grandpa's color nook for them. :)

    ReplyDelete